Published: Aug 04, 2012 07:00 PM
Modified: Aug 01, 2012 01:41 PM
Milton Berle said, “If opportunity doesn’t knock, build a door.” Maybe you need to build a few doors for others! Check out volunteer opportunities, orientations and trainings at handsontriangle.org
. Questions? Contact Lynn Odom at 919-613-5105 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Come help out with the End of Summer Celebration as we celebrate 20 years of bringing students and farm workers together to improve conditions. Volunteers are needed to help set up, decorate, tend the bar, and clean up on Saturday, Aug. 11.
• Did you miss the CenterFest Arts Festival last year? They need your help in making it an extraordinary event Sept. 15-16.
• The Durham Literacy Center has a new home! They need volunteers to help on a weekly basis at the front door. Greet clients, answer the phone and help people find their way in the expanded facility (1905 Chapel Hill Road).
• Would you like to help a few cool CATS! Consider being a Tour Guide at Carolina Tiger Rescue in Pittsboro. Prior experience with animals isn’t required. As a tour guide you won’t get too close.
• Do you know a child with AHC (Alternating Hemiplegia of Childhood)? Help out with the third annual AHC Foundation NC 5K & Walk on Sept. 22 in Wake Forest.
All rights reserved. This copyrighted material may not be published, broadcast or redistributed in any manner.