Published: Dec 18, 2012 07:00 PM
Modified: Dec 18, 2012 07:00 PM
How well did you pay attention to the past years local news?
Play our 20 questions game and you could win $25 worth of movie tickets just in time to see Lincoln free the slaves, dwarves of Middle Earth battle orcs, and a sex therapist teach ... but we digress.
Send your answers to email@example.com
or to The Durham News c/o The Chapel Hill News, 505 W. Franklin St., Chapel Hill, NC by Friday, Dec. 21. Well pick three winners from entries received by 5 p.m. Two for best scores (by drawing if we get multiple perfect scores) and one picked at random from all the entries, just for playing.
1. Who was removed from public office in 2012 after a petition claimed she brought her office into widespread disrepute?
2. What did Durham couple Shannon Thomas and Jennifer Shultz do in January that the North Carolina constitution now makes illegal?
3. Clap your hands and stomp your feet, the Durham Divas cheered at the reopening of what 4,800 square foot recreation center Feb. 18?
4. What great 20th century artists mobiles were displayed in a special exhibition at the Nasher Museum of Art last winter?
5. What was the Shakespearian name of the rare diademed sifaka lemur that died in captivity at Duke Jan. 21, the only one of his kind in captivity outside Madagascar?
6. Which county department was run by Gerri Robinson, who sued the county in 2012 for violating her civil rights after she was ousted?
7. Vandals broke 40 terra cotta posts and damaged a fountain at what Durham destination after Dukes surprise loss in the NCAA tournament in March?
8. Name the show whose two runs sold more tickets than any other show in the Durham Performing Arts Centers first four years?
9. Whats contaminating the soil at the site of an old BB&T in Trinity Park?
10. What former historic business district does the Parrish Street Common Room, opened in April, honor?
11. Name the quirky Durham business district getting a 300-unit apartment complex, a grocery store and other changes announced in 2012?
12. LeRoy T. Walker, the former chancellor of NCCU who died in April, was the first black president of what U.S. athletic committee?
13. Sarah Rose Nordgren and her sisters won the worlds smallest what contest in May, thanks to the Greater Durham Chamber of Commerce?
14. Name the boundary-breaking Durhamite named a saint in the Episcopal Church in July.
15. Whats the name of the new Discovery network series that interviewed Crystal Mangum, the woman at the center of the Duke Lacrosse scandal, in 2012?
16. What level medals did Duke divers Abby Johnston and Nick McCrory win at the Olympics?
17. What can get you a $50 fine if you do it on the sidewalk or virtually anywhere outdoors as of Aug. 1?
18. Where did police boost their presence last summer after a series of attacks on joggers and others?
19. What kind of animal, prized for its soft, warm fleece, joined the Museum of Life and Science farm yard in October?
20. What are luchadoras?
All rights reserved. This copyrighted material may not be published, broadcast or redistributed in any manner.