Published: Feb 02, 2013 07:00 PM
Modified: Jan 30, 2013 11:52 AM
"Being good is commendable, but only when it is combined with doing good is it useful." Do something useful this week. Check out opportunities on handsontriangle.org
or contact Lynn Odom at the Volunteer Center of Durham at 919-613-5105.
• Do you love helping kids think out of the box? Odyssey of the Mind needs volunteers to help with the Eastern Region Tournament coming up March 2 in Chapel Hill for all three levels. Training for judges is Feb. 9. Students from Durham will participate.
• Are you an amateur photographer? Arc of Durham needs someone to take pictures during their Valentine Dance on Feb. 15.
• Come be a companion for a senior at Pettigrew Assisted Living, 1515 W. Pettigrew St. Play games, give manicures, read aloud, make someone’s day a little brighter.
• Would you like to be a Walking Tour Guide? Preservation Durham needs folks to train to give tours Saturday mornings.
• Does a loved one have diabetes? Help find a cure by volunteering with the Tour de Cure. The race is in May, but a great deal of work goes into preparing for it.
All rights reserved. This copyrighted material may not be published, broadcast or redistributed in any manner.